As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 we wanted to share with you the steps we've taken to help minimize the impact of COVID-19.
We will continue to do all exterior work as long as your location fits within the social distancing guidelines.
We are scheduling interior work. While in your home or business we will be happy to wear a face cover and / or adhere to social distancing guidelines, whichever you are most comfortable with.
We will also continue to provide estimates for all new work requests. Estimates will be done by walking around the outside of your home or business and left at your front door or e-mailed to you, whichever you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Do you have insurance?
- A. Yes. We are proud to have been insured through American Family Insurance since we began our business in 1989.
- Q. What type of payments do you take?
- A. Currently we accept only cash or check. Payment is expected upon completion of work unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Q. Do we need to sign a contract?
- A. No. There is no contract required for window or gutter cleaning. However, due to the variables associated with snow storms, we do require a contract for snow removal.
- Q. Do I need to schedule an appointment?
- A. The only time an appointment is needed is when we need to come inside your home, or if you have requested a specific date for work to be completed by. If you have a maintenance agreement with us, we will schedule your next service, arrive on the scheduled date, and perform the work requested.
- Q. Can I have my windows or gutters cleaned year round?
- A. Yes. We work all year, with the exception of gutter cleaning. Gutters which hold water can freeze over the winter and we must wait until they thaw completely before they can be cleaned. It is best to have us clean your gutters twice a year with our maintenance service.
- Q. How long will my windows stay clean?
- A. It is common misbelief that windows will look bad if it rains right after they are cleaned. The truth is spots are caused by dust that collects on the glass in the weeks prior to it raining. Generally, if it rains within a few days after we have cleaned your windows, they will still look great.